- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, The University of Melbourne (MBBS 1996)
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, Royal Australiasian College of Surgeons (FRACS 2007)
- Master of Public Health, Monash University (MPH 2016)
- Clinical Associate Professor, The University of Melbourne
- Director of Vascular Surgery, Austin Health
- Director of Austin Health 3d Medical Printing Laboratory
- State Councillor, AMA Victoria
- Past-President, Australian Chinese Medical Association of Victoria
- Past-Chair, Victorian Region, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Treasurer, ANZSVS
- Chair, Conjoint Committee on Training for Peripheral Endovascular Therapy
- Murray F Brennan International Guest Scholarship 2018, American College of Surgeons
- Invited Visiting Professorship 2013, Association of Academic Surgeons (USA)
- Leadership Exchange Fellow 2013, RACS
- Invited Guest Visitor 2011, Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
After his initial medical qualifications from The University of Melbourne in 1996, Clinical Associate Professor Chuen gained his specialist qualifications in Vascular Surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2007. He has gained further postgraduate experience through residential and travelling fellowships in Adelaide, Leipzig Germany, and North America. His interest in public health has led him to complete a Masters of Public Health at Monash University.
He has a significant interest and expertise in minimally invasive techniques such as complex endovascular aortic aneurysm repair, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, atherectomy and stenting for peripheral arterial and venous disease, whilst maintaining an active practice in other aspects of vascular surgery, including ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy and endovenous thermal ablation surgery for venous diseases such as varicose veins. He also performs renal transplant surgery at the Austin Health.
He is Director of Vascular Surgery at Austin Health, and operates at a number of major private hospitals in Victoria, including Epworth Eastern Hospital and Warringal Private Hospital. His main consulting rooms are located at Elgar Hill Medical Suites in Box Hill, Melbourne Australia.
In addition to his clinical commitments, Mr Chuen is dedicated to undergraduate and postgraduate training of the medical workforce. He is appointed as a Clinical Associate Professor to The University of Melbourne, maintains an active program of clinical research in many aspects of medicine, surgery and biomedical engineering, including founding the Austin Health-University of Melbourne 3dMedLab, dedicated to research and clinical applications of 3d visualisation technologies and medical 3D printing. He has conducted teaching for RACS, The University of Melbourne, Monash University, and The University of Sydney.
A/Prof Chuen has previously served as Chair of the RACS Victorian Regional Committee and Deputy Chair of the RACS Younger Fellows Committee. He was a member of the Victorian Department of Health Ministerial Advisory Committee on Surgical Services, as well as the Victorian Audit of Surgical Mortality and president of the Australian Chinese Medical Association of Victoria. He is a current AMA Victoria State Councillor, and Treasurer for the Australian & New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery (ANZSVS).
What we do
Comprehensive vascular surgical care — Box Hill, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
28-32 Arnold Street
Box Hill VIC 3128
Tel: +61 3 8807 0388
Fax: +61 3 8807 0399